Cleaning an air fryer machine is not that much tough if you follow the right way. But when it comes to cleaning baked on grease from the air fryer basket, it can be a bit tough if you don’t FOLLOW the appropriate method.
This is why, in today’s post, I am going to share a Step-By-Step guide on how to clean baked on grease from air fryer basket.
Keep in mind that if you don’t remove baked on grease from air fryer basket properly, the end result can cause a bad smell in your air fryer machine. And, there is a higher chance that such a bad smell may transfer to your food which you don’t want to experience at all.
So, read this discussion on cleaning grease off air fryer baskets following the right way.
Why Does Grease Happen On Air Fryer Basket?
Grease happens on air fryer machines because of many reasons: natural oil created by the services inside your oven. The washed grease from meats, pan drippings, and other oils formed onto foods during their preparation or at room temperature.
I have been using my air fryer machine for a long time now, and I have seen many instances of baked on grease which I would define as the food that got cooked inside, but it stuck on the surface of the air fryer.
The main reason is most likely contaminated with food stains, dried blood grease, or even plant matter that remained after you prepare roasted meat – beans and potatoes, etc… Just imagine how much this can form in your air fryer machine.
And, to make things worst situation, food particles can not only cling onto the surface of the air fryer basket but also shape it which will result in baked-on grease inside this part as well.
You cannot completely remove the grease from air fryer basket by shaking. You need to clean it every time you use your fryer machine.
Why Is It Important To Clean Grease Off Air Fryer Basket?
It is necessary to clean the air fryer basket regularly because it serves as a filter for oil and grease. Besides that, greasy material also lets bacteria be trapped into the basket which can mean poor quality and spoilt foods.
When greasy particles get into your fryer machine, it traps food particles and may block airflow making the device harder for your foods or even shorten its lifecycle.
If it is not cleaned regularly, it will become clogged with grease and grease particles and it won’t function efficiently.
In addition, the grease particles in the air fryer basket may also be harmful to your health because they can create bacteria on the air fryer basket surface.
Air fryers are the best kitchen equipment for people who love to cook healthy and delicious foods like fried chicken, Potato fries, Corned beef brisket, Breaded Shrimp, Hamburger Patty, Mozzarella Sticks etc.
So, if there is any kind of greasy substance on the air fryer basket, it will interfere with the food quality and will not taste good.
Signs Your Air Fryer Machine Needs Cleaning
It is also ESSENTIAL for you to have a clear understanding of the signs when your fryer machine needs to get cleaned.
The following signs that clearly indicate to clean an air fryer device:
- If you see a white build-up on the air fryer basket that looks like cheese, sugar, or bread crumbs.
- The time you notice some baked-on grease on your food items after using an air frying device that needs to be removed meticulously.
- If your air fryer is catching fire, smoking, or food wastes are released inside your house because of grease and fire.
- If you notice that your fried foods could not be removed from an air frying device (as in you have tried to pull out a piece while they were still hot), this should definitely get cleaned if possible!!
- If the white build-up looks like bread crumbs rather than cheese or sugar as mentioned above, you will have to clean daily as like most metallic material it absorbs air and needs frequent cleaning.
- If there is a buildup of fried foods around your basket, this indicates that food wastes are trapped in the fryer device.
- When there is a layer of grease or oil on the surface of the food that has been cooked.
- The time you notice that there is a puddle of oil on the surface of the food after it has been cooked.
- When the food has not been cooked properly is not evenly browned or not even steaming hot.
How To Clean Baked On Grease From Air Fryer Basket?
People FOLLOW their own ways for cleaning baked on grease from an air fryer basket. However, I FOLLOW the one that I have found the most HELPFUL and EFFECTIVE one – called the Vinegar and Hot Water method.
Methods to Follow
First, you have to make a paste out of Vinegar and Hot Water. And, then you can submerge your air fryer basket in the paste so the greasy substance can get soaked and submerged properly in the paste.
This is truly one of the most EFFECTIVE methods when it comes to cleaning grease off your air fryer basket.
Another method of cleaning a greasy air fryer basket that I have come to know about is a bit uncommon in nature.
Some Kitchener have used power washers for cleaning grease off air fryer baskets and pans.
The POWER produced by a pressure washer can break down the greasy substances from your air fryer basket and pan quite EFFICIENTLY.
In addition to the above-mentioned methods, there are also several other methods you can try out for cleaning off greasy material from your air fryer basket.
These methods may include BBQ cleaners or degreasers.
Besides, you will find good quality oven cleaner in the market that comes with a chemical solution. If you have an air fryer oven like the PowerXL 8 in 1 Air Fryer Oven, you can use this oven-cleaning product for the removal of grease from your air fryer basket.
How To Keep An Air Fryer Clean After Degreasing?
There are several ways by which you can achieve this:
- The first thing to do after degreasing your air fryer basket and the pan will be rinsing all the broken pieces of debris off with water. Make sure that all grease goes down the drain easily without creating clogs or a mess on your sink too.
- After washing off anything for greasy residue from baked potatoes stick, it becomes your priority to give your air fryer several times with water and scrubbing.
- Try not to leave any dirty stains on the basket or pan for greasy odors not infecting your healthy foods that you’ll be consuming every single day of the week!
- Another very important thing, as a rule, is turning off/disconnecting an air fryer after cleaning it or whenever done working area when doing maintenance, just before moving onto next project.
Air Fryer Cleaning Hacks
- Now, here are some tips for keeping an air fryer clean and hygienic after cleaning or when in most cases of needed maintenance.
- Remove any food particles from basket with a fork before washing.
- Rub the pan inside and out gently to help distribute grease off easily whereas removing it by hand will be difficult to remove thoroughly enough.
- Do not overfill your Air Fryer basket as the heating process begins quicker if force flow though it may lead to spilling and greasy stains.
- Stack Baked potatoes in the basket or neatly turn them over into a pan. This step is crucial as the air fryer will not cook fluffy baked potatoes properly if they are thrown on top of a hollow part of the food holder that can be easily stuck with oil from a rusted surface once contact happens.
Voila! – your shiny new Air Fryer after degreasing her, she looks like a brand new now! and your secret to healthy living is safe again.
In this connection, you should check out my detailed article on how to clean an air fryer effectively by following several air fryer cleaning hacks.
Best Air Fryer Degreaser Cleaner
You can easily clean the air fryer alongwith baked on grease by using the following recommended best rated air fryer degreaser cleaners.
- Removes tough stains in seconds
- Formulated to penetrate tough grease and clean very quickly
- Powerful and versatile
- Safe for cleaning
- Easy to use
- Simply wipe off even the toughest, most encrusted grease, dirt and grime
- Made from a powerful concentrated formula
- Fantastic multi purpose cleaner
- Very safe for cleaning
- A must have household supplies
- Applicable for kitchen grease, grime and baked-on food
- Breaks down the toughest gunk and grime, and keep kitchen spotless
- Having fast-working formula
- Very safe for using
- One step cleaner
FAQs – Clean Baked On Grease From Air Fryer Basket
Can you use oven cleaner on air fryer?
Can I clean air fryer without detergent?
How to clean air fryer tray?
How to deep clean air fryer basket?
So, now you have come to know how important it is to clean grease from your air fryer basket.
In the above discussion, I have tried to share a step-by-step guide on how to clean baked on grease from air fryer basket. Besides, I have also shared my recommendations for the Top 3 Easy To Clean Air Fryers so you can easily choose the right one for your kitchen.
Hope, you will get desired benefit by applying the stated methods.