Do you like to eat shrimp? Have you ever tried cooking frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer before?
If your answer is yes, then this post is specifically written for you.
When it comes to the topic of air frying frozen coconut shrimp, then the question that comes in your mind in the first place is – ‘How Long To Cook Frozen Coconut Shrimp In Air Fryer?
Well, it basically depends on the amount of coconut shrimp you are going to cook and the size of your air fryer. In most cases, it would be better to preheat the air fryer to 350-degrees Fahrenheit and cook frozen coconut shrimp for 15 minutes. This will surely provide you with your desired level of crispiness and crunchiness.
In this post, I will make a detailed discussion on the right method of cooking coconut shrimp frozen in an air fryer. Also, I will try to give you a precise idea about the air fryer frozen coconut shrimp time and temp.
In addition, I will also try to share some of the most efficient tips regarding air frying frozen coconut shrimp.
Can You Cook Frozen Coconut Shrimp In Air Fryer?
If you have never had any experience in cooking frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer, then you may probably have thought of – ‘Can I really cook frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer?’
Well, the good news is… You can cook frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer machine.
Whenever I try any food item in my kitchen, I always put my main focus on following the right cooking method.
Keep in mind that if you don’t follow the right method, it won’t bring you the expected outcome.
In this case of cooking coconut shrimp in the air fryer, you also have to do the same.
Keep on reading so you can get to know everything about air fryer frozen coconut shrimp….
Why Cook Frozen Coconut Shrimp In An Air Fryer?
When it comes to cooking frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer, the first question that often pops up is – ‘Why cook frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer?’
Well, the answer is quite simple.
Cooking frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer has its own benefits and one of them is that it helps to ensure a crispy texture outside while maintaining the tenderness of coconut shrimp on the inside.
In addition, you can also reduce your cooking time by almost 40% compared to conventional ovens or microwaves. This means you will get faster results with less energy consumption which makes this method more cost-effective as well.
And, the best part is that you don’t have to be a professional chef anymore just because you want to cook frozen coconut shrimp at home…
How To Cook Frozen Coconut Shrimp In Air Fryer?
Well, in this section, I am going to share a step-by-step guideline on how to cook frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer machine.
If you don’t know how to cook this delicious food item, I would suggest you to put your full concentration on studying the following steps…
First of all, you need to prepare your frozen coconut shrimp according to the package instructions.
After preparing your food item, now it’s time for seasoning… So take out a bowl and mix together bread crumbs with spices like paprika powder or cayenne pepper depending on what type of flavor you prefer for cooking air fryer frozen coconut shrimp.
Now coat each piece of coconut shrimp in egg wash before transferring them into the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure that each side is well-coated by using tongs or fingers so there won’t be any messy situation later on…
Lastly, place the prepared pieces onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Then put the tray into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 350-degree Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
How Long To Cook Frozen Coconut Shrimp In Air Fryer?
For the next question in your mind, I would like to answer that it depends on how well done you want to cook air fryer frozen coconut shrimp.
If you are looking for crispy texture outside and juicy inside then set the temperature between 350–400-degree Fahrenheit.
If you prefer a little bit crunchy texture outside while maintaining tenderness of coconut shrimp on inside, then go with 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp Time And Temp
Whenever you cook any food item in your kitchen, you have to keep in mind that maintaining the right time is the KEY.
So, in this case of cooking frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer, I would suggest you to keep your eyes on the food item from time to time.
If you overdo it then coconut shrimp will be very hard and if you undercook this delicious dish, it won’t have a crispy texture outside…
So, in my opinion, 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes is quite reasonable considering all factors.
In this section, I will share some tips regarding how to store coconut shrimp leftovers.
So, here we go….
- If you have leftover air fryer frozen coconut shrimp, put it in the refrigerator and store for up to one week.
- At first, place your leftovers on a flat plate covered with foil paper.
- This will prevent humidity from getting into food which can cause sogginess…
- Then after covering your dish; wrap aluminum foil around the sides as well as the top part of this delicious recipe so that there won’t be any contact between air and shrimp or other ingredients.
How Do I Reheat Coconut Shrimp In The Air Fryer?
Now, let’s talk about how to heat up coconut shrimp in an air fryer.
You have two options here – either you can reheat it from the frozen state or thaw first then warm.
If you want your food hot and crispy just like when cooking for the very first time then put some aluminum foil on the bottom of the pan before putting this dish inside the air fryer oven. This will help to get rid of excess moisture so that your air-fried coconut shrimp won’t become soggy.
However, if you are more concerned with taste than texture then don’t use any kind of metal object while heating because it might affect the flavor.
In addition, you can also add a little bit of oil before heating for an extra crunchy texture.
What To Serve Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp With?
In this section, I am going to share some popular side dishes that go well with coconut shrimp.
So, let’s get started….
Chicken Fried Rice
This is my personal favorite and it goes best with air fryer frozen coconut shrimp. In fact, you can also serve fried rice as a main dish by adding more ingredients like veggies or chicken…
Egg Drop Soup
If your children love creamy soups then they will definitely enjoy this recipe too along with crispy texture of coconut shrimp inside the bowl…
Spicy Onion Rings
These tasty onion rings are deep-fried in the spicy batter which gives them an amazing crunchy texture outside while making sure that these crisp treats remain from inside.
If you are looking for a healthy side dish then steamed veggies are the best choice. It goes well with coconut shrimp and other fried delicacies.
Expert Tips For Cooking Frozen Coconut Shrimp In The Air Fryer
As I have made a promise earlier, now it is time to share some Expert Tips that will surely help you to cook frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer machine.
So, here we go….
- If you are preparing this dish for the first time then don’t forget to defrost shrimp completely in advance.
- If you have a smaller size air fryer then it is better to cook half of the portion at first. This way food will get cooked from inside as well as outside. However, if you are making this dish for only one person and your machine has low capacity then defrost shrimp completely but divide it into two parts before cooking. This way leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or zip-lock bag and kept in a freezer until next time….
- Cook frozen coconut shrimp on the lowest temperature setting if you are cooking for the very first time. This is because high heat can burn food from outside while leaving it uncooked inside. However, if your air fryer has a digital control function then set the desired temperature manually and don’t forget to flip halfway through.
- If you are using a conventional oven then bake at 350-degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown all over.
- If you want the crispy texture of an air-fried coconut shrimp recipe but not overcooking at the same time, try this trick – after frying both sides take out one side with tongs. Then turn off the machine for 30 seconds put back the deep-fried portion again in order to crisp up the outer layer of food.
- However, if you are cooking for more than one person then keep heating in between until all shrimp pieces have been cooked completely.
- In addition, don’t forget to add spices and seasoning before cooking because that will help to give flavor while frying.
- If your coconut shrimp recipe is ready but not crispy enough at this time then put it again inside the air fryer basket for some minutes so that cook from outside as well…
- If you want extra crunchy texture in frozen coconut shrimp recipe without using any batter or coating mix together flour and salt with crushed cereal flakes like cornflakes which adds amazing crispiness when deep-fried.
- To make this dish more nutritious and healthier, add breadcrumbs to the batter while preparing it. First of all, dip shrimp in beaten egg mixture then roll in breadcrumb mix before deep frying.
- If you want to keep the calories of an air fryer coconut shrimp recipe low then replace oil with broth or stock. It will not only save extra fat but also be done better than deep-fried food because it still gets a crispy texture on the outside even without using any batter.
- However, there are a few things that must be kept in mind while preparing this dish – first of all, mix seasoning according to your taste, and secondly use high heat settings so that both sides can get cooked perfectly. Finally, sprinkle some salt if needed.
- If fresh coconut is not available at your place then use sweetened shredded dried one to get better taste.
- If you like breaded frozen coconut shrimp recipe then first roll the food in the breadcrumb mixture and then dip it into a beaten egg.
- Air frying frozen coconut shrimp is preferred if you want to cook more quantity at once. This way, food will get cooked evenly from inside as well as outside. However, if your air fryer has low capacity and power continuously fries one side of food first while leaving the other side untouched. Then transfer half-cooked items onto a wide plate and use tongs to gently turn each piece over before placing it back again into the machine.
- However, if you don’t have an air fryer but still want to try this recipe then preheat oil or deep fryer to high heat settings until it becomes hot enough.
The Best Air Fryer For Air Frying Frozen Coconut Shrimp – My Recommendations
At this moment in time, you will find a lot of air fryer models from different renowned brands in the market. So, it will be a tough job for you to find the right air fryer machine for your kitchen.
This is why, in the following, I am going to share My Recommendations as the best air fryers for cooking frozen coconut shrimp.
So, here are My Recommendations…
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL
- Features 11 one-touch cooking functions
- Rapid 360° air circulation provides crispy results using less oil
- Removable & nonstick baskets are dishwasher safe, PFOA free and BPA free
- The air fryer’s spacious 5.8-quart
- Convenient Design
Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer
- Includes 7 versatile cooking programs
- Up to 75% less fat than traditional air frying methods
- Delivers 450 degrees of superheated air to cook foods up to 30 % faster
- The air fryer is 5.5 QT XL capacity
- The ceramic basket is both nonstick & dishwasher safe
Instant Vortex Pro 10 Quart Air Fryer
- Customizable programs for easy cooking
- 9 in 1 functionality
- Little to no preheating time
- Easily select temperatures from 95 to 400° F.
- Having evencrisp technology
It is to be noted that if you are a single person, then it will be better to choose one of the best single person air fryers for your kitchen. This will save both your time and money as well.
On the other hand, if you have a family of more than 4 members, then you should check out the reviews of the best-rated air fryers for a large family.
I hope it will help you the utmost in this case of choosing the perfect air fryer machine for your kitchen.
FAQs About Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp Time And Temp
How long do you put frozen coconut shrimp?
It depends on your air fryer model because it may vary in power so cooking time will also change.
However, in most cases, I have seen that cooking time is around 8-9 minutes for each side.
How long do you cook coconut shrimp in the oven?
You can bake frozen coconut shrimp at 350-degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes until crispy golden brown all over.
How long to cook chilled coconut shrimp?
Well, it is a good idea to cook chilled food on a high heat setting for 4-5 minutes.
What is the maximum time you should leave frozen coconut shrimp in the air fryer?
Don’t keep cold food for more than 20 minutes inside hot oil… If you do so, it will be a big mistake and a terrible one.
How long does it take to deep fry coconut shrimp without batter or breading?
Deep frying without batter or breading is a good idea if you are running short of time.
You can keep cooked frozen coconut shrimp in the oven for almost 15-20 minutes after air frying because once they are taken out from the fryer, they don’t become hard even when cooled down completely.
How do you cook frozen breaded coconut shrimp?
Firstly, preheat your air fryer oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit then dust breadcrumbs over the shrimp pieces and sprinkle salt if needed.
Secondly, bake shrimp pieces for 10 minutes or until you see breading harden. Then, wait for 3-4 minutes before food is cooked completely, remove the oven and turn shrimp pieces over.
How do you cook frozen coconut shrimp sally lee?
First of all, thaw and drain excess water from the shrimp… Next, dip it in buttermilk mixed with spices and herbs… Finally, toss in the seasoned flour mix to coat evenly. Amd, then place coated shrimp into hot oil then fry until golden brown.
It seems like we have reached the ending section of this discussion which is specifically focused on explaining air fryer frozen coconut shrimp time and temp.
Through the above discussion, I have tried to give you the exact answer to the question – ‘How Long To Cook Frozen Coconut Shrimp In Air Fryer?‘
In addition, I have also shared a step-by-step guideline on how to cook frozen coconut shrimp in an air fryer.
I hope that the above discussion will be helpful to those who really don’t have any experience in cooking coconut shrimp in an air fryer machine before.
If you try this air fryer frozen coconut shrimp recipe, don’t forget to share your feedback with us.
Still, if you have any questions about cooking frozen coconut shrimp in the air fryer, you can send me a message or comment below.
I would love to hear from you.
This is all for today.
Until next time, keep reading and stay healthy!
See you soon.