It is no doubt that breaded shrimp is one of the most delicious appetizers that you can consider as a perfect evening snack as well. It is much easier to thaw, cook and clean up, especially when you use an air fryer machine.
And, the best part is how quick they are to make- under 30 minutes from start to finish!
However, if you don’t know how to cook frozen breaded shrimp in air fryer, then you may end up with some sort of disappointment.
In this post, I will provide you with a detailed and step-by-step guide on how to cook breaded frozen shrimp in air fryer. Besides, I will also discuss some important factors that are associated with cooking breaded frozen shrimp in air fryer.
Why Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer?
The obvious question that may arise in your mind is – ‘Why should I cook frozen breaded shrimp in an air fryer machine?’
Here are the reasons:
- It is an easy cooking method.
- It will save you both time and energy.
- Air frying breaded frozen shrimp provides a healthy meal for your family.
- You don’t need to waste a lot of time cleaning the kitchen.
- Cooking frozen breaded shrimp in an air fryer requires little-to-no oil.
- When you use an air fryer for cooking breaded shrimp, you get the benefit of healthy cooking with an amazing taste.
How To Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer?
In this section, I am going to describe a step-by-step and detailed guide on how to cook frozen breaded shrimp in an air fryer machine.
If you really want to cook delicious and crispy frozen breaded shrimp in an air fryer machine, then I would suggest you follow all the steps explained in the following.
Things You Will Need
- A Good Quality Air Fryer.
- Preparation Time: 2 Minutes.
- Cooking Time: 14-16 Minutes.
- Frozen Breaded Shrimps (1 packet weighing 1 pound).
- Sweet Chili Sauce.
Steps To Follow For Air Fryer Breaded Frozen Shrimp
In the first step, you have to take the frozen breaded shrimp out of its packaging. Based on your preference, you can choose either jumbo or popcorn shrimp.
Now, preheat your air fryer at 400-degrees Fahrenheit. I always do this because it helps to give an entirely different level of crunchiness to my air fried breaded shrimps.
This is why I would suggest you to follow the same.
It is now time to put the frozen breaded shrimps in your air fryer basket. In this case, keep in mind that there’s no need to defrost the frozen breaded shrimps.
If you want to defrost them, remember that they won’t provide your desired level of crispiness and crunchiness.
That’s why I don’t recommend defrosting the breaded frozen shrimps before air frying them.
While placing the breaded shrimps in the air fryer basket, you have to keep in mind that you can’t just overfill the fryer basket. This is something that I would never recommend you to do.
If you are planning to air fry a large batch of frozen breaded shrimp, then it will be better if you cook them in small batches.
Trust me, this will give you the best possible result that you can expect from an air fryer machine.
Besides, if you overfill the fryer basket, there will be no space left in the basket to shake it while cooking the breaded frozen shrimps.
You can also use air-fryer-safe cooking spray on the frozen shrimp because it will keep the shrimp safe from getting stuck with each other while maintaining a healthy meal for your loved ones.
Now cook your frozen breaded shrimps for around 10 minutes.
It is time to flip the shrimps and then cook them for 4 more minutes.
If you see the breaded shrimps have become golden in color, then it is confirmed that your air fried breaded shrimps are ready to serve.
If the color hasn’t become brownish yet, then you can cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Well, now it is time to serve the air-fried frozen breaded shrimps.
Breaded Shrimp Dipping Sauce Ideas
The breaded shrimp is a good appetizer for people who love to eat seafood.
It can be served with different types of dipping sauce, such as sweet chili dip or mayonnaise-based dips.
Some other popular options are garlic and herb dip or lemon wedges.
You can also choose from barbecue sauce, ketchup, honey mustard dressing, etc depending on how you like your shrimps best!
How Long To Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer?
Well, my answer is ‘It depends’.
For instance – how thick (thaw level) and how much bread crumbs are applied over them will directly affect the time duration for cooking.
In case of mine, I usually apply a thin layer of breading on top of each shrimp piece before putting it into the machine. And that requires less than 15 minutes for cooking perfectly crispy and tasty (golden brown color).
However, if you want to apply a thick layer of breading, then you can expect the cooking time to be more than 15 minutes.
In addition, the cooking time may also vary depending on the size and quality of your air fryer machine.
Storage Tips For Air Fried Breaded Shrimps
You can store air fried breaded shrimps in an airtight container for around three days.
If you feel that the shrimp tastes good even when it is cold, then you could also keep them in the refrigerator overnight and serve them chilled!
However, I always try to eat breaded shrimps as soon as possible because it tastes delicious only when served fresh! 🙂
Actually, I have a large family and that’s why I have chosen this option. But, if you have a small family, then you can store your air fried breaded shrimps following the method I have mentioned above.
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp Recipes
You can try the following air fryer frozen shrimp recipes in your air fryer machine:
- Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
- Air Fryer Frozen Tempura Shrimp
- Air Fryer Frozen Butterfly Shrimp
- Air Fryer Frozen Scampi and Chips
Types of Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Shrimp
You can cook the following types of frozen breaded shrimp using an air fryer machine.
Air Fryer Frozen Battered Shrimp
If you know the right method of cooking frozen battered shrimp in the air fryer, it can even beat the taste of any local Chinese restaurant.
Air Fryer Frozen Fried Shrimp
I just love to try out frozen fried shrimp after breading on the jumbo shrimps. This is no less than a mouth-watering breaded frozen shrimp recipe to me (just love it!).
Air Fryer Frozen Panko Shrimp
Although I personally don’t like the panko shrimp. But one of my followers does like it. And, that’s the reason I’m recommending you to try it out.
And, don’t forget to share your experience in the comment box below!
Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp
I have some kind of weakness when it comes to the combination of shrimp and coconut. So, I love to add coconut to the breaded mixture and then air fry the coconut breaded shrimps in my kitchen.
You can try this today and thank me later!
What To Serve Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Shrimp With?
You can serve air fryer frozen breaded shrimp with different kinds of salad, rice or pasta dishes.
It is also served as an appetizer in most Chinese restaurants.
I personally love to enjoy my air fried frozen breaded shrimps with the following:
- Breaded shrimp in tacos with the addition of a simple slaw.
- A great appetizer to enjoy with cocktail sauce.
- Add teriyaki sauce and then enjoy the breaded shrimps with noodles.
- Could be chosen as the main dish with roasted vegetables, potato salad, and spring rolls.
Depending on your taste and preferences, you can use your creativity as well.
How To Reheat Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer?
If you have stored your air fried breaded shrimps in an airtight container, then it would be better to reheat them using an air fryer so you can enjoy the same level of crispiness.
To reheat breaded shrimp in the air fryer, you have to place them in the air fryer basket and then cook them for 1-2 minutes.
And, it will help you enjoy the breaded shrimps with the same level of crunchiness as it was when you cooked them on the first day.
Expert Tips For Cooking Frozen Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer
When you are cooking frozen breaded shrimp in an air fryer machine, here are some expert tips that can help you to get the best results….
- You should always thaw out your food items before putting them into an air fryer machine for cooking purposes.
- If required, pat dry the excess water from your food item thoroughly with a paper towel or any absorbent paper sheet. This will prevent the splattering of oil while the frying process is ongoing (it may cause burns).
- Keep checking how much time is left for cooking every piece of food by tongs and flip them over until they are cooked evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the cooking basket of your air fryer machine with all breaded frozen shrimp at once because it will not cook properly and you may end up with some sort of disappointment.
- Always cook frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer with the help of cooking oil spray. It will give you a crispy and crunchy texture that is very much similar to how they taste when served at Chinese restaurants.
- If required, you can also use skewers or forks for turning your food items over until they are cooked evenly. This way it becomes easier to turn them without breaking their shape and structure! 🙂
- You can Use panko flakes instead of normal bread crumbs as this gives more crispiness to your breaded shrimp.
- Depending on your taste, you can use spices of your choice for better taste and flavor.
- Make sure you preheat the air fryer with an empty cooking basket at 400-degrees Fahrenheit before putting frozen breaded shrimp into it!
- This is not how you should cook frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer, but this tip can be of great help if your food item has turned brown or black at some points. You need to continue cooking the rest portion of the food for a few minutes before removing it from your machine!
- Never leave fried foods on-going without checking them frequently because they may end up becoming too dark and crispy that will taste burnt instead of being tasty!
What’s The Best Air Fryer For Cooking Frozen Breaded Shrimp?
I would like to recommend the following air fryers as the best options available for cooking frozen breaded shrimps:
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL 5.8 Quart
- 11 one-touch cooking functions
- 360-degree air circulation technology
- Fryer baskets are BPA-free and PFOA-free
- Dishwasher safe & removable fryer basket
- Easy to use
Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer
- Multiple cooking functions
- 8 preset cooking options
- User-friendly control panel
- Interior lighting
- Capacitive touch screen display
FAQs About How To Cook Breaded Frozen Shrimp In Air Fryer
How do you air Fry seapak frozen breaded shrimp?
You need to follow some simple steps in order to air fry seapak frozen breaded shrimp.
Firstly, thaw the food items properly before putting them into your air fryer machine for cooking purposes.
Secondly, make sure you cook them following the right timing.
And lastly, remove them from the basket of your air fryer when they are ready because overcooking will give a tough and chewy texture that no one likes at all!
Can you cook frozen breaded scampi in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen breaded scampi in an air fryer machine.
If you want to know the cooking procedure in detail, you can study this blog post.
What temperature do you air fry frozen breaded shrimp?
You need to preheat your air fryer machine at 400-degrees Fahrenheit before placing them in the fryer basket.
How long should I air Fry popcorn shrimp?
Well, it mainly depends on the size and the quality of the air fryer machine. Besides, another important factor that plays a vital role here is the amount of popcorn shrimp you want to air fry.
Breaded shrimp is not only a delicious snack item but also a healthier meal as well. If you want to maintain a healthy diet, you can surely opt for breaded shrimp. But it can only be healthier if you know how to cook frozen breaded shrimp in air fryer following the right way.
In the above discussion, I have made a detailed discussion on how to cook breaded frozen shrimp in air fryer. Besides, I have also shared Expert Tips related to cooking frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer.
I do believe that now you have a precise idea about air fryer breaded frozen shrimp.