Having leftover fish is a common thing for all of us. As most of you have no idea about reheating fish in your air fryer, we will help you learn how to reheat fish in air fryer through this step-by-step guide.
Following our procedure of reheating fish will ensure that the taste of your food will be intact. So, without further ado, let’s start learning.
Here are the steps to reheat your fish fry in the air fryer. The technique is super simple to follow. Let’s read carefully and go through each step one by one.
It’s not ideal to directly put your fries inside the air fryer without preheating it. Set the temperature to 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit and let it get preheated.
Step 2. Placing Fish Fillets
The next is taking your fish fillets and putting them over a tray or the basket of an air fryer. Don’t forget to keep a little space in between them.
Now, take a bottle of any extra virgin olive oil brand and sprinkle a little on both of them.
After adding oil, push the tray inside the air fryer and close its door. Now cook it for at least 5 or at most 7 minutes. Make sure to take them out once after 2.5 or 3.5 minutes to turn them over; again, add a bit of olive oil and cook that portion too.
Before serving it to your family or friends, check if the fish is well cooked with the help of a meat thermometer. If it’s hot and soft enough, it’s time to serve on plates.
Pro Tips to Reheat fish in air fryer
- If you want all the fish fillets to be properly cooked, try to reheat the similar size ones. Because if they are not the same in size, the smaller ones will get overcooked, and the larger ones will not get heated correctly.
- Use the extra virgin olive oil only when the fish fries are dry; you better skip using the oil if they are oily enough.
- When the time comes to turn the fillets over, make sure you do it gently so that they don’t break.
- Reheat the fish fry until its internal temperature reaches 63 degrees Celsius or 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Reheat your fried fish one time only
- Since the temperature of different air fryers varies, it would be better to start with setting the timeless and by checking with the meat thermometer, if necessary, increase the time.
Preparing and Storing to Reheat fish in air fryer
- Preparing: don’t put the cold fish fries into the air fryer. Before reheating, take them out of the fridge and wait for 15-30 minutes until they reach room temperature.
- Storing: if you want to store the leftover fried fish, we suggest keeping them in the fridge, but of course, not more than 2 days.
- Freezing: if the leftover fish fillet is not reheated, you can keep them frozen for at most a month
FAQs About how to reheat fish in air fryer
How Do I Save Leftover Fish?
Before storing your leftovers in the fridge, let it cool completely. Please keep them in an airtight container and place them inside your fridge. Of course, don’t forget to eat them within 2 days.
How Long Does It Take To Reheat Fish In An Air Fryer?
The time to reheat fish in an air fryer varies depending on the fries’ sizes or the air fryer model. Generally, it takes around 6 minutes to get well cooked.
Can I Reheat Fried Fish In A Microwave?
Honestly, the microwave is not an ideal pick for reheating fried fish because they make the crispness of the fries fade away. You will only get softness and no crispness.
Can I Reheat Fish In The Oven?
Of course, you can reheat fish in the oven. Besides, it’s another great option for reheating fries. However, the oven takes a significant time to cook them properly.
To reheat fish in the oven, you must preset it to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then put the fish over a baking sheet. Until it gets heated, don’t stop cooking it. Usually, the fishes take 15-20 minutes to get reheated in an oven.
Final Notes – How to Reheat Fish in Air Fryer
Whether you are a food blogger or cook for your own family, there are some leftovers of fish fries most of the time. Of course, you should not throw them in the trash can because they will taste better if stored in the fridge and reheated.
Hence, we have explained how to reheat fish in an air fryer – step-by-step in this guide. If you want to enjoy the proper taste of your fish the second time after storing it by reheating, follow our mentioned process and remember the pro tips.